Cottage Lane, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2AS
T: 01244 531147 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in Touch!
or write / visit us:
Planning your visit? Want to see what time we are open?
Greenacres Animal Park is a family run business dedicated to promoting the welfare and conservation of animals and aims to teach visitors about the animals on display and the environments they inhabit.
At Greenacres, we aim to achieve this by:
Aims of Greenacres Animal Park
• Providing visitors with an interesting and informative
• Providing clear and informative signs about each
animal, including facts about their behaviour, habitat and
• Maintaining our petting area where visitors can experience close contact with our animals under close supervision from our animal keepers, and learn more about our animals on display.
• Encourage staff to work towards helping the park achieve its educational and conservation objectives.
• Training and developing full time staff in order to achieve their full potential.
Here at Greenacres we are home to a variety of critically endangered animals; these include our BLACK and WHITE RUFFED LEMURS, SIAMESE CROCODILE and our EGYPTIAN TORTOISES.
Critically endangered is a species facing an extremely high risk of extinction in the wild. We also have RING TAILED LEMURS and AFRICAN SPURRED TORTOISE which are classed as endangered this is a species considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
We have spent a lot of time creating the right environment to encourage wildlife to the park.
There are extensive ponds with a variety of plant species which have now become home to a variety of birds and insects.
We are inspected annually by a veterinary specialist and a Zoo Licenser from the local council. They inspect all of our animals and provide detailed reports on our animal welfare. It is based upon their inspections whether or not the park is granted its Zoo license each year. We are proud to say that each year we pass the inspection to a high standard, and as such continue to keep our zoo license.
The animals are well looked after in a safe and comfortable environment. Our staff are trained to look after the animals and tend to their needs. After the park closes, the animals are brought out to relax in large fields and areas.